I'm slipping! I'm trying to update this blog at least once a week and it's hard. Everything has been crazy busy lately and a little stressful, but that's okay, I thrive on stress. Writing helps me deal with it and I will try to do it more often. My DH and I celebrated our 8th wedding anniversary on Tuesday. We had planned on going to dinner, but instead we both spent the evening in bed, which sounds romantic until you factor in the throwing up, stomach cramps, and tears (me, not DH). Noah had recovered from his sickness the day before so he took care of us. :)
Anyhoo, bad segway, but I finally came up with my list of food that changed my perspective on food in some way or another. I will do a blog post for each of them in greater detail, otherwise this crazy post will be 20 pages long. This way I can also dig up some photos and create more of a journal! Probably boring for the person reading, but great for me! Thus, my top ten culinary epiphanies in no particular order:
1. First sushi – Wichita, KS Ebi tempura and California rolls.
2. First Japanese food – Topeka, KS Kobe’s Japanese Steakhouse
3. Spinach and artichoke ravioli with garlic shrimp from Paisano’s. Lawrence, KS
4. Fresh crab salad- Khenitra, Morocco
5. Egyptian breakfast – Sharm el Sheikh, Egypt
6. Real Chicago style deep dish pizza - Chicago, Illinois
7. Ethiopian food- Windsor, Ontario
8. Butter chicken – Right here at India Palace in good old Lawrence.
9. Raspberry coulis – Tellers, Lawrence, KS
10. Grandma Genny’s fried chicken and the gravy with the fried crispies in it.– Rossville, KS